Church Of Holy Trinity Wikidata has entry Q26648418 with data related to this item.
Buildings at Buildwas Abbey This range of buildings has survived, probably because they are still rooved. The arch in the middle with windows on both sides is the Chapter House. The arch by the wooden stairs gives access to The Crypt, which is now open to the public.
Buildwas Abbey - south exterior of nave & tower Always a small abbey with often only a handful of monks. It was founded in 1135, and dissolved exactly 400 years later in 1535. In 1342 the abbot was murdered by one of his own monks.
Buildwas Abbey - tower and part of north side of nave The abbey was in use for about 400 years until it was dissolved by King Henry VIII in 1535. Being quite near the Welsh border, it did suffer from raids from the Welsh. In 1350 the abbot was kidnapped by raiders from Powys. In 1403 the abbey's estates were laid waste by the followers of Owain Glyndwr.
Buildwas Abbey - part of north side of nave Seen from under the remains of the tower is part of the north side of the nave. Also on the right of the picture, in the distance, are the night stairs.

أماكن مشهورة يمكنك زيارتها